DEAR KUYA at ate, WAG KA NANG UMIYAK, SA WAKAS, wala ng TAGUAN, eto na ang tee na may MARIPOSA, tumawag na sa TELEPONO namin, bago MABURNOUT, err, sold-out ang t-shirt na to.
Our fresh new rockin’ t-shirt comes in sweet colors. As sweet as Sugarfree’s pop alternative drama-love-songs. The design has the image of casette tape just to get the feel of Sugarfree’s beginnings when CDs aint hot but the their music is. Also on the tees, a butterfly has landed, you know what it represents. It also has texts… fresh… mint… cool…a treat that Sugarfree gives evertime they pop an album or perform a song. Each of the three band members too deserve to be tagged fresh, mint & cool. Let’s give the “cool” to Kaka, “fresh” to Ebe, and “mint” to Jal.
For men & women..
Next to E-Heads, Sugarfree is the closest to my heart ( I don’t know about my
partner here in Streetcred, I think Tungaw is his second best band ever!). And
finally, I bought my copy of their live album with an orchestra at their back
after a series of scouting and seeking in every mall that I have visited. And I
found it in SM Pampanga at National Bookstore, the last piece. And in weeks to
come, you will find that in deed, I’m not only the many “Fifth Head” in the
country but also a certified ‘Sugar Friend”.~ Great Anticipator
Hey, six days to go and we are going to witness the biggest concert of the year.The Final Set of the Eraserheads. Our tickets are ready. So with our T-shirts. Being a fanatic for the last 16 years, I’ve noticed that there are lots of other bands out there has songs that are similar with the ‘Heads in terms of tune, music and idea. See the samples below:
1. Eraserheads:”Sa Wakas”track in Circus- Sugarfree: “Sa Wakas” rookie album
2. Eraserheads:”Ha-Ha-Ha” track in Stickerhappy- Sugerfree’s “Dramachine” track( hear closely the first 3-4 lines of both songs)
3. Eraserheads: “Insomya” track in Circus- Sugarfree’s “Insomya” track in Dramachine
4. Eraserheads: “Harana” in Bananatype- Parokya Ni Edgar’s “Harana” ( although reportedly they were not the composer of the song, the title nevertheless resembles Eraserheads’
5. Eraserheads: “kamukha mo si PARALUMAN” liner in Huling El Bimbo- Paraluman ( now an upcoming band)
6. Eraserheads: “Shirley” track in Ultraelectromagneticpop-Bandang Shirley( another upcoming band)
7. Eraserheads: “Maskara” track in Carbon stereoxide- Rivermaya’s “Maskara” ( a post Rico release)
Its been a delight for me to see these bands make their own acts patterned with the ‘ Heads whether intentionally or unconsciously. In fact, when the ‘ Heads broke up, I did try to find a band that closely resembles with them and in my own opinion, Sugarfree is the best find. Try to hear their song “Taguan” while your eyes are closed (medyo kaboses nya dun si Ely). After the final concert of the ‘ Heads, we will be just contented again in playing their songs in our mp3s, mp4s, ipod and car stereos.