This 2009, your creation can be a part of our history. For the first time ever in its 21-year run, NU 107 opens its designer door to you, our loyal listeners. We’re inviting all budding graphic designers out there to show off your skill by submitting your design proposals for the official logo of the 2009 NU 107 Rock Awards. After all, the Rock Awards is all about paying tribute to your favorite artists so it’s high time we honor the artist in each of you. Read more…
Notice the notice…
All the recently made tees, we printed the “s-cred.com.” Maillit lang naman.
The decision to print is 10% marketing motivated and 90% boosted by pride.
• The CROSS and SUN represent God and country. Filipino ballplayers always seek guidance and protection at each game, as seen when players make the sign of the cross each time they enter the court.
• The SUN represents the Philippines and is placed on top of the heart to signify our ultimate goal of bringing back basketball glory to the country.
• Flames on the heart represent the Filipinos’ burning desire for the game.
• The basketball hoop without a net represents basketball in the Philippines which begins at the grassroots level. It also shows how our ‘game is made outside’.
• NIKE SWOOSH – At the center of Pilipinas Basketball is Nike, pumping its all-out support to Team Pilipinas and basketball as a whole in the Philippines.
• The TEAM PILIPINAS CREST and BALL– Represent the players, coaching staff and supporters that banner our Country’s name in all international basketball competitions.
• Shaped like a HEART, the crest is a representation of Filipino’s deep love and passion for the game. It is rendered much like a tribal tattoo, signifying our Philippine indigenous heritage. It signifies the heart of a warrior characterized by courage and a no-fear attitude when playing the game.
• “PUSO” is written in ALIBATA, an ancient form of Philippine writing.
• The LIGHTNING graphic represents SPEED and AGILITY. Filipino basketball players are known for their ‘run and gun style’ and gutsy moves to the basket.
• The 3 STARS are taken from the Philippine flag, representing the 3 major islands in the country – Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. The stars also represent Filipinos’ strong outside/3-point shooting game.
All tees released today and tomorrow (Manny Pacquiao Design Shirts, eHeads Comeback Tshirt, James Yap tees) have sacred sacred sacred S^CRED logo inside. For future owners of these precious tees, be proud.